Changing The World -
One Journey At A Time
"I feel I had a realistic view of some of the people of East Africa." K.K., UK More Comments
Discover East Africa
with our suggested trips.
Explore the region
with our interactive maps!
KENYA - TANZANIA
Unearth the facts about ecotourism!
Where do you want to stay?
Sign up for our free Safari Ezine, Karibuni:
here to download 20 customized Safaris to inspire you!
Here's our own Safari Checklist!
our own safari checklist. Feel free to use it!
A list of things we take on our own safaris include:
- One medium to large, or two medium-sized, soft duffel bags.
- Hand luggage containing camera equipment, toiletries and one change of clothes
(Hand luggage that can also be used as a daypack on walks are the most suitable.)
- A money-belt containing all documents, cash etc.
- Neutrally colored clothes
- 4-5 short sleeve T-shirts
- 2-3 pairs of shorts
- 2 sweaters or sweatshirts
- 2 pairs of casual trousers
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 lightweight rain jacket
- 1 fleece jacket
- 2 pairs of good walking shoes
- 1 pair of lightweight shoes
- 1 swimsuit
- 1 warm sleeping outfit
- 1 wide-brimmed hat
- Insect-repellant spray for the body
- 20 factor plus sunscreen
- Lip screen
- Moist towelettes
- Gatorade powder
- Anti-diarrhea tablets
- Generic antibiotics
- Anti-histamine tablets
- Plasters (band-aids) for blisters
- All prescribed medicines
- Small bottle of washing detergent for underwear
- Personal toiletries (don't forget your toothbrush and toothpaste!)
- Small torch (flashlight)
- Camera, lenses, extra batteries, cleaning fluid, beanbag tripod and dustcover
- 100-400ASA film (at least 2 rolls x 36 photos per day)
- Field-guide book(s)
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses (bring prescription glasses even if you
normally wear contacts)
- Passport (valid for at least a further six months)
- Photocopy of passport (kept separately)
- 2 passport photos
- Vaccination card
- Any Visas required
- Credit Card(s)
- Travelers Checks
- Small diary and pen